The Relaxation Lounge is a service we provide to our IOP, OP, and Outpatient Detox clients at Enhanced Healing Wellness Center. Having seen first-hand the benefits it brings to our clients, I wanted to share how the Relaxation Lounge works, and how it can help treatment programs and their clients...
Do you want to help your clients learn how to relax deeply and be anxiety and stress free?
Do you want to help your clients learn how to relax naturally, without the use of medications?
Do you want to help your clients to learn how to improve their self-esteem, self-worth and confidence?
If you answered yes to any of the above, your program could benefit by having a Relaxation Lounge.
The Relaxation Lounge is a particular type of sound therapy system that incorporates relaxation music and healing vibrations with the express purpose of helping an individual relax deeply and as a result reduce his or her anxiety and stress. The relaxation lounge translates and emits synchronized audio programming into kinesthetic vibrations that are directed at the entire body while therapeutic relaxation music is delivered through headphones to the individual lying on the relaxation lounge.
Important benefits of the Relaxation Lounge for drug and alcohol treatment:
- Helps clients to relax immediately by calming the mind and body.
- Helps clients to be relaxed during the day and learn how to reduce anxiety and stress especially during potentially crisis situations.
- Helps clients to learn how to be comfortable in quiet and how to meditate.
- Helps clients to improve decision making.
- Helps clients to learn how to improve confidence and self-esteem.
- Helps clients to be more receptive to individual and group counseling.
- Helps clients to be more receptive to working a program of recovery.
- Helps to reduce AMA.
- Is recognized by the medical field as a valid billable client service.
The Relaxation Lounge incorporates:
- Therapeutic Relaxation Music as the foundation of the programming. Music has the capacity to help a person experience deep state of relaxation and serenity, reduce the experience and effects of stress, promote a peaceful, restful sleep and even begin to generate physical healing. For more information on the components of Therapeutic Relaxation Music click here.
- Healing Vibrations with the express purpose of helping the individual relax deeply and as a result reduce his or her anxiety and stress. The relaxation lounge translates and emits synchronized audio programming into kinesthetic vibrations that are directed at the entire body.
- Various Hypnotic and Neuro Linguistic Techniques to further assist the individual in changing his or her life. While the individual is experiencing the relaxation music he or she is given instructions to improve his deep breathing. Individuals are also instructed to utilize positive self-talk to enhance deep relaxation and also improve self-esteem and confidence. The technology of positive affirmations is used to help individuals begin to create a positive self-image and improve self-esteem.
The programming of the Relaxation Lounge is designed to be behavior and cognitive modifying sessions for clients and as such is a billable service. The Relaxation Lounge itself is a non-medical sound and vibration system that provides audio and tactile stimulation to the mind and body. This type of device delivers natural frequencies in a passive and non-invasive process to the brain and central nervous system with the specific intent of balancing, optimizing and harmonizing these cells in our body and brain through entrainment. Research is proving that sound healing and frequency therapy can be an effective and safe way to help relieve symptoms of stress and anxiety and the effects of health problems. The more relaxed the body and mind is the more effective a person will be at resolving his or her individual problems.
Interested in learning more about what it would look like for you to provide this service to your clients? Please email me, Dr. Henshaw, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-662-4337.